The Education Flagship Program aims to enhance ICT skills and knowledge of students to enable them to perform productively and responsively in a knowledge-based society.
Education Flagship Programme
The Royal Education Council (REC) reviewed the existing ICT curriculum offered to classes IV-XII. The revised curriculum has been introduced from classes PP-XII from the 2021 academic session. In preparation towards implementation, the training/orientation packages have been developed and trained 77 teachers from Primary and Lower Secondary Schools on teaching ICT from classes PP-8.
The REC has conducted a workshop on ICT integration in sciences and mathematics from classes PP-VIII.
389 Teachers trained on Coding and 450+ teachers attending online training on scratch coding
- Complete LAN set-up in 19 Dzongkhags and 3 Thromdes.
- Trained 271 teachers from January 7 to February 2020 in person.
- 118 primary teachers in June & August 2020.
- 100 teachers attended an online refresher course on PyLEAP.
- 450+ teachers attended online training on scratch coding.
- 270 ICT & 660 general teachers trained online on CodeMonkey.
- Oriented 24 DEOs and Principals on management of CodeMonkey platform.